1 About this policy
2 What is "personal information"?
Personal information is any data from which you can be individually identified. For example, a name, address, credit card number, or potentially an IP address, username or purchase history, might be personal information. We consider that personal information warrants special privacy protection because it might lead a third party to identify you.
3 How does Showed use personal information?
3.1 When we collect
In general, personal information will be collected in some form whenever you use Showed. Generally this is due to the way the service operates at a technical level, storing data such as your IP address, browser and login details as cookies; however, it may also be because you take specific steps to supply information to Showed (such as in a comment or track description). Without limiting the circumstances in which personal information may be collected, the following are examples of when such collection may occur:
- upon registration of a user account with Showed;
- upon creation of an artist or publisher account;
- upon editing details of your profile or settings, including payment settings;
- when transactions occur, such as purchasing music, concerts or licences;
- when you stream, download or watch music;
- when, as an artist or publisher, you add a new track to Showed; and
- when you contribute specific information in response to a prompt, such as ratings, comments, likes, and so on.
3.2 What personal information we collect
When you register for a user account and use Showed, we may collect information including:
- your name, if you give it to us during signup or connect with Facebook;
- if you connect with Facebook, your Facebook ID as well as any visible profile information you have chosen to share with us (for example, your date of birth);
- your email address;
- your activity on Showed, including what tracks you purchase (so we know what to store in your library) and what you listen to (so we know what to recommend)
- if you choose to enable location sharing, your approximate location;
- personal information contained in any comments or other contributions you make to Showed;
- if you are an artist, your profile information, preferences, bank details, declarations of entitlement, and payment beneficiaries; and
- your payment preferences, including credit card or PayPal details (so we can process payments for transactions performed by your account).
For example, if you purchase a track on Showed, we store when you purchased it, what your purchased, what computer you purchased it from, what payment method you purchased it with, and the details of that payment method, in order to bill you and give your account access to that track in the future. If you invite friends to join Showed, we may also collect any email addresses you supply in order to send them an email inviting them to use the Service.
3.3 How we use your personal information
The primary way in which we use your personal information is to make Showed operate seamlessly and usefully for you, our user. By this we mean:
- contacting you in connection with your use of the Service;
- delivering music to you;
- billing you;
- giving you recommendations;
- telling you about content you like;
- notifying you, in accordance with your communication preferences, of upcoming concerts, new releases, recent activity and new features;
- publishing to your news feed with your permission;
- if you are an artist, presenting you with statistics about your music sales and suggestions of how to improve them;
- making payments to artists and their nominated beneficiaries;
- linking tracks with identified collaborators (such as songwriters, producers and mixers); and making technical improvements to the Service.
3.4 Facebook connect
Showed sometimes collects information about your library, music and listening habits. This information is not associated with your name or Showed user account. However, it may be used to supply recommendations (in combination with other information, such as what users with similar purchase histories also purchased) on Showed. In addition, your recommendation data may be used to:
- create automatic playlists and suggest pre-made playlists;
- recommend concerts and other music for purchase; and
- provide recommendations to other users.
4 How does Showed use other information?
4.1 What other information we collect
Showed also collects information that does not directly identify you (non-personal information), such as your language preferences, computer platform, time zone, country, and so on.
4.2 Cookies and logs
4.3 Email click-through data
Some email messages link to a special URL that tells us whether you acted on the email we sent to you. We may use this information (in an aggregated, anonymised form) to determine what emails are being read and reduce your inbox clutter where possible.
5 When does Showed disclose your data to third parties?
5.1 Overriding principle
As a general rule, Showed does not disclose your data to other people. We believe that your data should be yours, and not ours to do what we like with. Accordingly, your data -- personal and non-personal -- is stored on our servers and not given out except in cases of necessity, as detailed below.
5.2 Technical improvements
We may work with our developers and technical assistants to collect and use data about your client device and peripherals so that we can improve Showed, provide technical support and perform troubleshooting, bug fixing and optimisation.
5.3 Service providers
Showed shares personal information with the following entities:
- billing companies (banks, payment gateways, payment processors, such as PayPal);
- web hosts and information storage providers (Amazon AWS);
- postal services (in cases where we deliver any products to you);
- social integration partners (such as Twitter and Facebook, where you have opted in to connect with those services);
- merchandise providers (if you elect to have merchandise made on your behalf); and
- your data sources (any widgets, feeds, embedded content or other data you have specifically asked us to share).
These entities must also protect your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies and applicable laws.
5.4 External content
Showed may contain links to websites, products and services controlled by others. The Service may also use products or services supplied by third parties. Please note that those websites, products and services are governed by their own privacy policies and any data that is collected by them may be treated differently to your data on Showed.
5.5 Trans-border data flow
Showed operates the Service using web servers and technical equipment located around the world, including in the United States and Australia. We may transfer to and store your personal information on any of this infrastructure in accordance with this policy. (For example, your user account data might be stored on a cloud storage service based in California, while your billing information might be stored on our payment gateway server in Sydney.) We may also transfer your data to our related bodies corporate according to the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
It may be necessary (including for legal reasons and requests from governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence) for Showed to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a merger or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
6 How is your personal information protected by Showed?
Showed takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. The Service uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. To make purchases from these Services, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer. When you use some Showed Services or post Content, personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
7 Accessing information held about you
7.1 Contact information
You can update your contact information and preferences by logging into your account and updating your Account information. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if it is no longer required. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardise the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made to the email address given in clause 9.
7.2 Accuracy of account data
Showed makes it easy for you to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required by law.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
9 Privacy officer
If you have questions or concerns about this policy or Showed's data processing activities, please contact our data controller by email at privacy@Showed.com.
From time to time, we may update this policy. When we change the policy in a substantial or important way, we will post a notice on the Showed website linking to the updated policy.
Last updated: 02 May 2020